Saturday, October 16, 2010

Asher's Birthday

Asher turned one a few weeks ago and I can hardly believe how quickly his first year of life flew by. We celebrated by having some friends over to play in the back yard and eat cupcakes. It was a beautiful day and I'm so thankful we were able to celebrate his sweet life with those we love.
Here are some pictures of his big day -

The cake table -
The smash cake was adorable and the cupcakes were ridiculously delicious -

Asher in the bouncy house -
Braden in the bouncy house...I swear this boy could drink milk all day and in place of every meal and be totally happy -
We had fajitas and quesadillas (my boys favorite) -
Lots of our dear friends were out of town, but we still had a great time despite the smaller crowd. Enjoying dinner outside in such beautiful weather -
Aww...this picture captured such a sweet moment for me. We were singing "Happy Birthday" to Asher and he got this huge smile on his face and kept looking at everyone who was singing and then back at me and Austin. His smile in this moment is one I will never forget. The other thing I love about this moment is that I looked over at one point and saw Braden. He had a huge smile on his face and was singing as loud as he could...so happy for his brother. This as we all know is a bit hard for a 3 yr old when it's someone else's birthday, but in that moment, Braden was nothing but happy. I will always remember those few moments thanks to this picture -
Touching the cake, but not so sure -
Austin gave him a little taste to see what he thinks -
Definitely a fan, he couldn't get it in fast enough -
Braden had to help Asher do a little smashing and/or tasting -
Love this little boy so much -

So I got a little too close and Asher had to share...he is such a kind little boy :) -
Family photo -
Present time -
Asher trying on his new vest...thanks Aunt Shannon and Uncle Daniel -

Asher you are so dear to me sweet baby. It seems like just yesterday that we saw you for the first time, held you close, kissed your tiny head, listened to your small breath, placed your hand in ours and cried for you as we realized that God gave you to us for a short time to love and protect. Over this past year, I have watched you grow as you've learned your world. I've watched you laugh and smile. I've watched you overcome with joy as you crawled for the first time or took your first step, I've held you when you were sad. I've rocked you when you were sick. I've let you fall asleep on me every morning before your nap because I couldn't seem to put you down as I wanted you so close and knew this time is fleeting. I've cried for you. You're Daddy and I have snuck into your room every night after you were asleep, laid our hands over you and have prayed for you. I've dreamed for you, longed for you, hoped for you and loved you. I love your smile. I love that you have laughed out loud at your brother since you were old enough to laugh. He still lights up your day. I love that you dance every time you hear the Veggie Tales music. I love that you are so task oriented and are always working on "projects" as your Dad and I always say. I love that you are determined and fearless. I love that you are so ticklish and love to wrestle. You throw yourself on us when we are on the floor and try so hard to get us to wrestle you. You love to snuggle with Tyson and I often find you laying on him or open mouth kissing him. I love to hear you say "momma" even though I know your daddy would love to hear you say "dadda." I love that you want me and need me, although it might be nice if you didn't cry when a new face looked at you :) I love that you are independent and yet still cuddle on my shoulder every night as I sing to you "Jesus Loves You" and "How Deep the Father's Love for You" in your ear. I have been singing that to you every day before bed since you were born because I long for you to know the truth of those words. I long for you to know how much Jesus loves you! You lay so still and I know you are listening. Those words and that song calms you when you are scared or sad or angry. I love you Asher and I'm so thankful that you are in mine. Happy Birthday sweet boy!

No comments: