A few weeks ago, Austin and I had our annual "no kids" trip. This year we headed to the beautiful state of Florida, where we had found an awesome deal on this incredible resort called
Turnberry Isle which is located in Ft.
Lauderdale. We were so spoiled by an incredibly nice resort. For three glorious days, we had waiters bringing fruity drinks by the pool, a lazy river, late dinners under the stars, hours of lounging by the crystal blue ocean (again drinking fruity
mojitos), late, lazy mornings where we slept in till we couldn't sleep any longer and lots of really yummy meals. Not to mention, we got to go deep sea fishing. Fishing is something we have always done and enjoyed as a couple, so this was such a treat for us...more on that excursion later. I think the best part is that we had so much fun together. We honestly just hung out and chatted...kinda like you do when you are dating. We haven't had that much time alone together in a long time and it was so nice to just catch up and have no agenda or schedule. We definitely decided that this place is one we could come back to every year. Here are some pictures from our weekend -
So here we are holding our $22 bottles of water...yep, that's what I said twenty two
smackeroos. So I told you that this place we stayed was pretty swanky...which is awesome all except for the outrageous prices you pay on normal goods...like water. Austin and I had just finished dinner at this super nice restaurant when we made our way over to the bar to request two bottles of water to take back to the room. The guy graciously handed us the water, then handed us the bill. I about DIED when I saw the bill for $22 which included a $4.00 service charge. Anyway, we were too embarrassed to decline the water, so we drank every
stinkin' last drop. Here we are holding the bottles...not a great picture since Austin was holding the camera, but still I had to get a picture -

The first of our many catches on our deep sea fishing trip. All I'm gonna say is you have to have some serious arm muscles to reel in a fish from the ocean...thank goodness for Captain Charlie who came to my rescue many a time that afternoon -

Austin's big catch...a 35 lb
Mahi Mahi -

Here we are holding our
Mahi Mahi. Austin's was 35 lbs, mine 25 lbs. We caught them within minutes of each other and it was so much fun...I will say we headed to a local Italian restaurant with good
ol' Captain Charlie after we docked and we grilled some of the
Mahi Mahi. Fresh fish certainly does beat the frozen stuff we are so used to eating. It really was the best fish I've ever had and we brought home a whole freezer full -

On the beach...and
ps...this is not a nudist beach (although it appears so from this picture). We had such an amazing day on this day. We sat on the beach for 5 straight hours and literally talked and laughed the entire time, neither one of us got our books out the whole time we were out. It was so fun, although we both suffered later with horrid sunburns -

Well, that about sums it up. We are headed to Florida in the morning for our first beach trip as a family. We have an 8 hour drive ahead of us...with two little guys, that could make for a long trip. Pray for us please!
2 comments:
sounds heavenly!! looking forward to planning one for Justin and me next summer, can't wait!
What a fun trip! I would have had a stroke paying $22 for water. You guys need to keep those bottles forever! Glad you are doing well. :)
Post a Comment