One of the many things I love about summer is the swimming pool! I have so many memories as a child of spending long hot days at the pool, playing with friends and swimming until we were so tired and wrinkled we had no other option but to get out. Thankfully my kiddos share that same love! So far we've spent almost every weekend at the pool and it's been amazing to watch the boys conquer their fears of the water and learn how to swim. Braden is quite the fish lately...that child absolutely loves the pool! He will swim and swim and swim, regardless of how cold the water is and he's become pretty good at swimming. I mean good enough that I actually don't have to be in the water with him when he swims. That's a new thing for us and it's a bit weird to be honest. I keep thinking I should jump in to rescue him, but then I remember that he can actually swim on his own, without me....another sign that my boy is growing up too fast!!! In fact, Braden's almost ready to take the swimming test at our local pool which means he won't have to stay at arm's length to one of us when he swims, but his fear of failing seems to be getting in his way. I'm hoping by the end of summer he will have conquered that fear! Asher loves the water too and he does really well swimming by himself too, but he sometimes forgets to come up for air and he's a little too confident and that makes me nervous! Asher swims in smaller doses because his little body gets too cold and his tummy beckons him to the side of the pool to eat endless rounds of goldfish crackers! Sweet baby Amelia seems to like the water too. Her personality is just so mild and calm that even if she gets splashed in the face with cold water, she just sits there quietly and doesn't seem to be bothered by it. This never would have happened with the boys. They would scream if they got splashed! She loves to be held tight in the pool and we love to cuddle her tiny little frame as we carry her around in the water. I've yet to attempt the pool by myself with all three kids, but Austin and I frequent the pool every weekend and that makes me very happy!
Okay, check out the chunks on baby Amelia's legs...so stinkin' cute -
Austin and his girl -
I love a little man in glasses -
This swimming business is exhausting -
I love those baby cheeks -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment