Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Time for an update...


Wow, I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to post, in fact I ask myself that same question "why does it take me so long to do anything (laundry, dishes, put make-up on, get myself or my son dressed, etc) these days." I guess it's because I spend my day chasing an ever moving toddler around all day and at the end of the day all I want to do is sit on the couch with my husband and relax. All that to say, this is long overdue and I won't bore you with the details, but this pretty much sums up our last few weeks:

In August, we went to Lake Michigan for Braden's first beach trip. As you can see, he loved wallowing in the sand and endlessly dumping it on himself -

The girls and the kiddos -
The boys, Max 2, Braden 13 months and Davis 4 months
Look how blond my baby is
Max and Braden life guarding the beach -
In other news, this is how I found Braden last week when I went to get him after his nap. Do you think he needs a haircut?
So we gave the boy a haircut. With a lot of snacks and a lot of distraction, here is the end result...a very grown up, not-so-baby looking little boy. This picture is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea -
On Saturday night we headed to the Tennessee State Fair with our friends for some good "people watching." Perhaps the best sight we saw were two little girls wearing matching air brushed tee-shirts that read "Free my Daddy"with a mugshot picture of their daddy. Actually it was really sad. Here are some of the pictures from the evening -
And finally, on Sunday, Austin and I celebrated 6 amazing years of marriage. We tried everything to get a babysitter for the weekend and had no luck so we decided to stay in, make a nice dinner and grill some steaks and reread our vows (something we do every year on our anniversary) with hopes to go out sometime soon to celebrate. We had a great menu planned, so after a trip to the park with Braden, we headed to the grocery to get the supplies. After we got home, fed Braden, bathed him and put him to bed, we started to make our dinner and quickly realized that we left a bag or two of grocery's at the store. Sooooo...we had margaritas and steaks and cherry pie. Yep, that's it...so much for a nice dinner. It was actually kinda funny, we felt a little like Napoleon Dynamite with our naked plate and a big fat steak. Here is a picture to remember...and yes we are wearing our work out gear b/c we had been at the park with Braden.

1 comment:

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

You guys are too cute! Steak and cherry pie......sounds great! Wow, Braden DOES have some blonde hair!! Were you guys this blonde when his age?? The beach pictures are darling....Lilah still hasn't been to the beach yet. My goodness, it's time we take her...it's only an hour away and our Florida home is only 10 minutes down the road. We must be bad parents.......or maybe just busy!