Friday, February 27, 2009

Planes, Trains and Anything Else With Wheels

So Braden is talking... a lot...and his newest fascination is with anything that has wheels on it...well that and the trash. He loves to watch the garbage trucks roll through our neighborhood each Wednesday morning, so I think that feeds into his love for trash. But he does like to throw things in the trash (especially his diapers) and he loves wheeling the trash to the curb each week and especially loves picking up, or should I say he loves to watch me pick up everyone else's trash cans as we take our daily strolls down the sidewalks in my neighborhood. On a side note...I love these daily walks. Ever since Braden was newly walking, we would take walks down the sidewalks and talk about cars and birds and leaves in the fall and watch for over passing airplanes in the sky or listen for doggies. I treasure these walks together as I know like all of parenting, this too will pass way too quickly. My little guy isn't too interested in holding hands anymore, but occasionally, he'll reach up and say "momma" and just hold hands for no reason and I find myself smiling inside out of the delight that such a small little person can bring so much joy to my life. Anyway...back to things with wheels, Braden loves his cars and spends a lot of his time driving his cars around. He can say and recognize all modes of transportation...cars, buses, bikes (as he calls motorcycles), tractors, trucks, "guhn guhns" (as he calls trains), boats, airplanes and trash trucks (as he calls both dump trucks and garbage trucks). He loves it...so as you can imagine any car ride is now filled with him pointing and yelling out various names for things he sees on the road....well that and many a round of "If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands" blaring on the radio. Anyway...my little guy is 19 months and besides the early morning wakings (5:15 twice last week - ugh) he is an absolute joy. Here are some pictures of him enjoying his things on wheels:

Playing with his Thomas the Train set:
Running with excitement next to the real train at Centennial park a few weeks ago:
Watching alongside Tyson for the "trash truck" to come pick up our trash:
And here are some pictures of what the rest of our days have looked like around here:
Wanting to be just like "dadda" -
Feeding the ducks at Centennial Park -
And yesterday I bought Braden this little house like thing at a consignment sale and he loves it, so I decided that I had better clean it off for him so he could play in it. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I brought out a mop bucket filled with water around a 19 month old. He ran out of his "house" as he calls it and immediately started playing with the water. Anyway, he had so much fun...my floors and walls were COVERED with water by the time he was finished, but they had needed a good mopping anyway -

2 comments:

awalton said...

He is so cute! I'm sure it's so fun hearing him say all kinds of things... never a dull moment, huh? :) i love the picture of Braden and Austin in the hoodies, so cute. hope ya'll are doing well, i'm sure you're ready for the warm weather up there like we are!

Becky said...

He is SO cute!!! Isn't it so fun now that they can talk more??? I love it! We have 5:15 mornings around here too sometimes....ugh, I feel ya!