Monday, March 30, 2009

To train or not to train

So this is what we've been up to lately:
Nothing like relaxing on the potty -
Chilled out on the potty, wondering what the heck you use the toilet paper for -
Not sure what the heck Braden is doing here...but nevertheless it's on the potty -
And vacuuming on the potty...nothing like multi-tasking...

So the question is...do we start the process or not? Braden is definitely showing interest in potty training...and with all the talk he does about "tee tee" "poo" and "potty" it makes me think he may be ready...but as you can see, my little man does everything else but potty on the potty. And to be honest, I feel totally in the dark about this issue. I had some (not much, but some) confidence in most other areas of parenting...okay still lacking confidence in the discipline arena, but that's another post, but I have read nothing about the whole potty training thing. And to be honest, I have no idea where to start. So for now...Braden just plays on the potty and I just continue to be amused at all the different things he does while sitting there. One day we'll be out of diapers...I hope!

2 comments:

Becky said...

ha! Cute pictures!! I have wondered the same thing myself... Grace constantly talks about her "poo poo"... fun times! Let me know what you find out!! :)

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

I have started Lilah wearing underwear on occasion after she has a poo diaper. Then I take her to the bathroom every 30 minutes or so to sit on the little potty. I haven't been doing it consistantly but am just letting her get a feel for it. James was potty trained by 2yrs 1month.....how did that happen??