Thursday, April 9, 2009

My little helper...

So we decided to plant an azalea bush out in front of our house this year in an attempts to get our house "street pretty" so that we can possibly put it on the market. There has been a naked spot in our landscaping for the past few years and it desperately needed to be filled...so Austin and I decided that a blooming azalea bush would be a nice addition. Now for those of you that don't know Austin and I, we do not have a green thumb anywhere on our body...in fact I would boldly say that we both have a black thumb for that matter. Black symbolizing death...it's a fact of life...everything I plant dies. So in desperate attempt to make this azalea bush grow, I'm following my little instruction book that came with it that says to water this bush daily. So I pull out my hose in hopes to give the azalea a good watering...and who spies it but my little friend who then decides that he wants to have a try at watering. And that was the end of that...keep in mind it's only about 63 degrees outside (not that that ever effected a toddler playing in water) but by the end of it, I had to strip Braden down naked before we even went inside. He was that wet!

"Oh! Where have you been hiding this?" -
No kid's ever died from drinking hose water. It's like American tradition right?
"Let me just let it roll off my chin"
"That's cold" -
"What happens if I let T drink some?"
I love this picture...so sweet!

I am thankful for days like today when I am blessed enough to stay home with a little guy who loves being outside, playing in the water and laughing at T. It truly doesn't get any better than experiencing our world through the eyes of a child.

2 comments:

awalton said...

what cute pictures! braden looks like he's having so much fun. isn't it great just to let them discover things on their own and "see what happens when"... :) you're so right, this age is a blast!!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Oh, these photos are so cute!