Friday, August 28, 2009

Braden's Second Birthday

Okay so I know I'm a month late with posting these pictures, but better late than never. With only 5 weeks to go in this pregnancy, I'm starting to feel exhausted and worn down and haven't had as much time to keep up with my blog. With that said Braden had a great second birthday. We spent the morning at the fire station touring the firetrucks and then came back and grilled out with our families. We finished the day off with a Cars cake (Braden's favorite movie these days) and ice cream. He still talks about that part of his birthday!! On his actual birthday, I took Braden to the zoo to spend some time together. He did get his first bee sting when we were looking at the elephants and he too still talks about that part of his birthday :) Here are some pictures of my little guy's big day:

A family photo before we got to the fire station -
Showing Poppa how big the fire trucks are -
Feeling very prego -
Austin getting geared up in his fire fighting suit...Braden did not like this at all!!!
Testing out the hose -
And getting wet -
Driving the truck with Austin -
Braden looks so little in that big truck -
All the crew eating...it was super chilly (for July) on this particular day...the high was only in the mid-70's. A perfect day for a cookout -
My sweet birthday boy -
Excited about all the presents -
Playing with his "dig dig" from Poppa and Toto -

The Cars cake...Braden loved it and still plays with the Mater and Lightning McQueen from this cake. In fact since then Lightning's sticker eyes have rubbed off and now Braden calls him "sleeping Lightning."
Tasting the cake -
And offering some to Mommy -

Opening presents from Austin and I -
Playing with all of his toys -
On Braden's actual birthday I made him pancakes in the shape of a 2...here he is helping me make them. He cooks a lot with me these days and I love having those memories together -
And enjoying the finished product -
Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

How can our babies be turning 2 already?!?!?! Love all the pics! Happy (belated) Birthday sweet boy! .... and you look awesome by the way! :)

Ginger said...

Thanks for posting these pics! We miss you guys so much...keeping up with your blog helps me to feel a little closer. What a fun birthday! Super impressed with the "2" pancakes, by the way.