Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Chattanoona"

Several weeks ago, Austin, Braden and I took a quick trip to Chattanooga or "Chattanoona" as Braden says for a little last minute trip as a family of three. We had such a great time enjoying Braden as he enjoyed the aquarium and the children's museum. He had a blast and it was such a special time for us before our little family changes and welcomes baby boy #2 any day now. Chattanooga is a great place to visit with kids (in fact I was a little jealous of all they have to do)...we plan to definitely go back again as a family of four. Here are some pictures of our little trip:

Braden playing at the water station in the children's museum...this was the first exhibit we saw when we got there and Austin and I didn't think we'd ever see the rest of the museum b/c Braden had so much fun splashing -
Okay so if you haven't stayed in a hotel recently with your kids, I'll go ahead and let you know that the cribs they have are TINY...I mean Braden could barely even fit in it...so we decided to put him in bed with us for the night. Austin and I don't do this at home, so it was such a treat to have him snuggled so tightly all night...although I don't think either one of us slept much b/c Braden slept with his feet near our head all night and every time he moved, we both woke up. Still it was well worth it. Here he is snuggled with Austin watching cartoons the next morning -
Playing in the fountains outside of the aquarium...thanks Ashley for the heads up about bringing a change of clothes! Braden was soaking wet only 5 minutes after we arrived at the aquarium -
Braden stomping in the shark cage. He LOVED looking at the sharks -
This picture just cracks me up...Braden's little legs are so long. I'm pretty sure he was looking for a shark here - Taking a little break while Momma has contractions -
My sweet boys -

3 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

i looove chattanooga! it's one of my favorite places to take Lucas! i wish you the best with the birth of your second boy!

Anonymous said...

Barrett & I LOVE the 'nooga! We went last year & this year, & would love to even move there & live downtown! And I always have to bring a change of clothes for Barrett, because he just can't help himself in that water outside the aquarium :-)

awalton said...

what a fun trip to take before you add another little one to the family. i pray everything goes well these next few weeks!