Thursday, September 24, 2009

The countdown is on...

only 6 more days till my due date! Wow, where has this time gone? It seems like ages ago that it was that January evening when Austin and I found out I was expecting another child. These past 9 months have been so dear to me and as we close the door on this chapter of our lives and jump into the next chapter, I find it all very sentimental. Each time we sit down to eat, I find myself wondering, is this the last time we will eat together as a family of three, or each time I read stories to Braden before bed, I wonder if this is the last time I'll have to squeeze him on my lap as my oh so pregnant stomach threatens to push him off. I find myself reaching back to hold his sweet little hand in the car, hoping, praying that when little man arrives in just a few short days that Braden will know how much we love him and how special he is to us. I know this will be such an adjustment for him and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous about it. However, I cannot wait to hold my new son in my arms and I cannot wait to see what he looks like, to know his unique personality and to see in what ways this new child will richly add to our lives. I just pray Lord that you will bind these boys together, that their friendship will run deep, that they will walk beside each other, encourage each other and support each other throughout the rest of their lives. What a beautiful thing to have a brother to journey through life with...

Here is Braden as we read stories under his "tent" the other day -

1 comment:

awalton said...

Such a sweet post Stacey. You made me water up right in the middle of my 6th grade math class! :) I pray you get some rest over the next few days and your delivery goes well. What a blessing!