Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Welcome Asher Keith Madison...

Asher Keith Madison made a VERY quick entrance into this world on Saturday September 26, 2009 at 9:09pm. He weighed in at 8lbs 2oz and was 19 inches long. The entire labor from start to finish was only 2.5 hours long and we made it to the hospital all of 30 minutes before he was born. Let's just say the whole thing was much more intense, much quicker and much more traumatic than I had planned. The quick, intense labor was very stressful on little Asher too, but after a vacuum delivery, they were able to get him out and he is healthy and beautiful. Here are some pictures of our first few moments with this sweet child...what an amazing blessing to hold new life in your hands!!

Holding my baby for the first time...this truly is an amazing moment -
Asher was still a bit traumatized by the quick birth at this point, so he was still crying -
In the 4D ultrasound pictures we have of Asher in the womb, he has his little hand up by his face like he has it here...in fact since we've been home, we've noticed he likes to keep his hands by his face -
Oh how I pray I remember how tiny and cuddly this sweet baby is -
My bigger baby coming to the hospital to meet his new baby brother...it's amazing how big Braden suddenly looked -
Seeing Asher for the first time -
My three boys -
Braden absolutely loves Asher and is always kissing him and hugging him. Here he is counting his toes to make sure they are all there -
Leaving the hospital as a family of four -
Braden holding Asher for the first time -
Sweet Asher at home and asleep...I love what funny positions he will sleep in -
Wide awake (this usually happens only in the wee hours of the night)...
Both of my babies...these are precious moments when I can hold both of my children safely in my arms...oh these moments will pass way too quickly -

Well, that's all for now...we are sleep deprived, exhausted and oh so blessed...

3 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

congratulations! he is precious! i'm very happy for you and your family!

The Broadricks said...

So sweet. I really enjoyed visiting with you on Friday. Such a treat! Bo loved his time with Braden and kept asking for him the rest of the day. I thought they did great together! Really crazy to hear how your days and struggles resonate with ours as we are only 2 months ahead with Mary Susan. I love you, Sweet friend. Enjoy! It will get more manageable (notice I didn't say "easier" b/c who even knows what they means!).

Becky said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO late checking your blog!!!!!!! You look awesome and now have 2 precious boys!!! Can NOT believe he came out in 2.5 hours!?!?!?!?! Hope you're feeling good!! He's a doll!