Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Asher's Second Month

Sweet Asher is about to turn 3 months old next week and I can hardly believe time has gone so quickly. In just a few weeks we will be out of the newborn stage and as glad as I am to be seeing some longer stretches of sleep at night and more consistent naps, I find myself missing certain things about him when he was so tiny. These days Asher's so busy looking around and watching his big brother Braden that he hardly has time to sit quietly on my chest after nursing sessions or rarely does he fall asleep on me in the afternoons like he used to back in his newborn days. He is a sweet, sweet baby, full of smiles, laughs and coos. He is definitely social, more so than I remember Braden being at this age...if you just talk to him, his face lights up with a smile, he starts frantically kicking and will talk back at you. He laughs at almost any song you sing him and we've found that he is quite ticklish on his tummy. His sweet voice and gentle spirit makes the hardest day of being a mom more than worth the work. I know these days are passing quickly and I know my times of holding and protecting this tiny child in my arms are precious moments that will be gone before I know it. I pray I remember every detail of the sweetness of my baby boy. Here are some pictures of our second month with baby Asher:


Oh how I miss these moments -

Smiling on the changing table -
Meeting Mimaw, his Great Grandmother on Thanksgiving Day -
Just relaxing at lunch this past Sunday -
An attempt at a family shot...don't mind the trashcan behind us -
Playing with Austin -
My other sweet boy being silly -
Love this little guy -
Happy 2 Months Sweet Asher! I'll leave you with his stats:

Weight - 11 lbs 8 oz - 50%
Length - 23.5 inches - 75%

No comments: