Monday, February 22, 2010

Four things about my four month old...

It is so hard for me to believe that Asher is almost five months old already. He is growing and changing so much. I realized the other day that the newborn days are long gone and I now have a happy, sweet, playful baby who is eating solids, grabbing for toys, rolling, trying to sit and talking all the time. With that said, here are four things about my four month old:

1. Asher thinks Braden is HILARIOUS. It is so funny to watch because Braden will just walk in the room or smile and Asher will start cackling and squealing in laughter. For some reason, Asher gets the most tickled when Braden is eating or when I'm getting Asher changed before his naps. There is perhaps no greater sound then a baby laughing so hard he can hardly breathe.

2. Asher loves hands...his hands, my hands, Austin's hands. It doesn't matter...the boy always has someone's hands in his mouth. If not hands, then something has to be in his mouth. He really is not content unless he has something to chew on.

3. He's not too fond of his carseat. Now this is not a fun thing when you have to be in the car various times each day. He'll sit for a few minutes (if he has something to chew on), but if the car is stopped for even a few seconds he starts fussing. In fact Braden will now tell me when I'm stopped at a stoplight, "Momma, Asher doesn't like it when the car stops." Braden eventually outgrew his hatred for the carseat so I'm hoping Asher will too.

4. This kid loves to be held. Now I'm sure I bring this upon myself some because I like to hold my kids, but still since birth, Asher has liked being held. I mean sure he'll tolerate his activity mat for like 15-20 minutes and he'll sit in the swing a bit or lay on a blanket and look at his toys (if he has something to chew on), but let's just be honest...the guy wold much rather sit on my lap then any other thing. When I find myself frustrated about this (because it is hard to hold your baby when you are trying to get stuff done), I try to remind myself that he is only little once and that soon he will be too big to hold and I will want these moments back.

Oh and here are his 4 month stats: height - 25 1/4 inches (75%), weight - 13lbs 6 oz (25%)

Little man -

Braden telling Asher how great the color yellow is and Asher not seeming to care -

Love this smile...it makes my hardest day worth it -

Why does Braden still look like a giant?
Trying solids -
This picture just makes me laugh...in case you are wondering, we don't usually just leave Asher laying on the ground for his big brother to step on -
Okay and I can't post without saying something about sweet Braden. So here are four things about my 2.5 year old:

1. He still LOVES books. I mean we probably spend a few hours a day reading. The guy has also a ridiculous memory and can pretty much pull any book off of our shelf and read it from cover to cover. One of my favorite things about reading with Braden is that he wants to snuggle so close when we read. He has always been this way and I love how affectionate my little boy is.
Speaking of affection...Braden will just out of nowhere come running up to you and say "a hug...a kiss" and wrap his little arms around you and give you big wet kisses. I love it!

2. Potty training is not going so well. Little Braden has one strong will and the potty is one thing that he has COMPLETE control over. I am trying to be patient, but at the rate we are going, I am fearful that we will be in diapers till he is 5. My pediatrician assures me that we will have more success when Braden is closer to 3, but I'm so ready for him to be out of diapers that I'm not sure I can wait that long.

3. Braden is talking in full sentences and I love it. The conversations we have everyday are hilarious. I treasure his sweet words and it's so fun to hear how the mind of a 2 yr old works.

4. Braden has a huge imagination. He spends most of his days driving cars around on the floor...the funny thing is that he makes his cars have conversations and the things he thinks of are hilarious. It's so fun to watch him play make believe with his toys.

And with that, I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet 2.5 yr old -

okay well, since I wrote this post, my computer crashed so unfortunately, I don't have pictures of Braden at the moment...but will post some once they have transferred the pictures from my old hardrive.

No comments: