Monday, April 26, 2010

Asher's Baby Dedication

The weekend after Easter, we had Asher dedicated at church. During the dedication they spoke about the profound passage in Deuteronomy 6:7-8 where we as parents are commanded by God to "diligently" teach his Word to our children "when you sit in your house, when you lie down and when you rise up." Wow...so basically I'm supposed to be teaching/modeling/seeking/praying God's word in all moments of my day. What a huge responsibility and great privilege to me as a mother and Austin as a father! Oh how I pray that in the chaos of my days that I can slow myself down enough to teach about God's great glory, His eternal promises and His unconditional love.
Here are some pictures from that sweet day -

Okay so here we are on stage...if you notice, Braden is either a.)wallowing in the floor b.) walking all over the stage (while I pray he doesn't trip on a cord, fall down and start screaming in the middle of the dedication) c.) begging for a snack d.) giving high fives to our friends kids at the other end of the stage e.) saying for the hundredth time "I wanna go see Toach." (Austin's dad) And the answer is...f.) all of the above. Okay so I will admit, this was not Braden's shining moment, but since we were trying to maintain some sort of peace in front of the entire church, there was not much we could do except pray that the pastor talk a little faster so we could go sit down.
After the church service we invited both of our families to come over to our house for a little brunch. It was an incredibly, beautiful day, so we spent the entire afternoon outside enjoying both boys and our families. Here is my sweet daddy with all of his daughters and one of his grandsons.

Toach and Uncle Tyler -

Aunt Shannon and little Asher -
Braden, resting on Tyson after a busy afternoon of playing. Please ignore his crocs with his outfit. I asked Austin to change him and instead of putting play clothes on him, he took his dress shoes off and put on his crocs.

And here is a sweet picture of Braden playing. I love how the sunlight was hitting his face!
All in all, a great day! So thankful for all the wonderful people who are such a huge part of my children's lives.

1 comment:

jeff and jenny said...

Max-
Your boys are so precious! I know you're having so much fun with them.