Discussing fishing strategies with my daddy on the front porch -
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Easter Egg Hunt...
Earlier in the week, we headed up to my parents house in Westhaven to participate in their Easter Egg hunt. I have to admit that I love that my parents live in such a kid friendly neighborhood. We get to participate in all the fun neighborhood events whenever we want. It was Asher's first Easter Egg hunt, so I wasn't sure how he would do, but he loved it. My mom found this tiny little basket that was just perfect for him to carry around, and he definitely loaded it up. Braden of course loved the whole thing, although I had convince him to keep searching for eggs instead of just stopping to eat every piece of candy he found. Afterward, the boys ran around with all the other hundreds of kids running in circles on sugar highs. We finished the night playing at the playground until dark. Both boys were full of smiles tonight and I must say it was such an enjoyable night. Here are some pictures from our fun night -
Discussing fishing strategies with my daddy on the front porch -
Little man, looking so grown up with his sippy and his pint sized basket -
Braden, smiling because he almost got away with touching this very expensive motorcycle -
Checking out the loot -
Braden sporting the fake smile...he's big on that these days -
An attempt at a "brother's shot" -
So thankful that my parents live so close and that we can do this kind of stuff together -
Okay, so let me start off by saying that I am not a fan of the Easter Bunny. In fact, we have not talked about him at all in our home, mainly because I want Braden and Asher to know that the real reason we celebrate Easter is that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and rose again...that He is indeed alive! With that being said, I hadn't planned on letting my kids see the Easter Bunny this year, but we were still at the Easter Egg hunt when he showed up. Braden took off running to see him and when he got there, kept putting his arm around him and saying "Hi Easter Bunny!" It was really quite funny because for like 5 minutes, he just kept standing in front of him and repeatedly hugging him. Here Braden is hugging the big bunny -
So Braden wanted to go and sit on the Easter Bunny's lap. After debating in my head for a bit, I decided to go ahead with it. I wasn't sure how Asher would take it considering he screamed when he saw Santa Claus at Christmas. When my mom went to put Asher on the Easter Bunny's lap, Asher squealed with delight and literally jumped out of my mom's arms, trying to get into his lap. I honestly think my little Dr. Doolittle thought the Easter Bunny was a big dog. He was SO excited to sit on his lap and literally just sat there, smiling and looking around at all the people who were watching...so proud to be sitting on the big dog's lap. It was hilarious! Too bad this is the only picture I have of the whole night with both boys smiling -
And here we are heading home after a great evening. Sweet Asher loves to hold hands. He will almost always reach up for my finger when he's walking next to me and I must admit that it melts my heart. I love feeling his sweet hand wrapped tightly around my finger. I know these moments are fleeting so I'm thankful for pictures like this one to help me remember when his hands are bigger then mine and he no longer wants to even walk beside me -
Discussing fishing strategies with my daddy on the front porch -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment