Sunday, April 17, 2011

Catching up...

Okay, let me start off by saying that I have tried to post on this blog like 5 different times and have had the hardest time uploading pictures, so I just gave up and quit. Not sure if it's me or the computer, but regardless it's been a bit frustrating. So now it's mid-April and I am so far behind, but instead of writing a long, boring, post, here are a few pictures of the past few weeks.

In March, my sweet niece Francesca and her brother Marco came to visit us. As most of you know, Francesca was born just a few short weeks before my brother died. We have been blessed enough to have a wonderful relationship with she and her adoptive family over the past 10 years. Here is a picture of she and Marco and my boys -

An attempt at a family shot. This was taken at Lowe's Vanderbilt Hotel after a horrendous breakfast with a little man who absolutely did not want to sit through breakfast. I keep reminding myself that this is just a phase, but it's still frustrating. We are definitely working on Asher's table manners at home, but at 18 months old, little man knows how to throw a good tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants.


We left immediately from the Lowe's Vanderbilt Hotel breakfast and got in the car and drove 3.5 hours back home to Lexington. Neither boy slept on the way home, but it was actually a very good drive considering! I spent the week with Austin's parents while he attended a conference in Scottsdale. We had a wonderful week and I even got to get out a bit and spend some precious time with some of my oldest friends and their boys. The week was cold and rainy, but we bundled up and kept busy outside. I love the long driveway at Austin's parents house. The boys think it's such a treat to ride/push their toys on a concrete driveway!
Coach and Braden making silly faces for the camera -

I was so thankful for this swing that week. Asher ended up getting Strep Throat mid-way through the week and was absolutely pitiful. On really hard, fussy days, I would bundle him up and bring him out to swing. Apparently the swing has healing powers on a sore throat -

So it's now officially spring and that means lots of rain! Ever since Braden was a toddler, we would go outside after a big rain and he would stomp in the rain puddles in his rain boots. To me there is nothing cuter then a toddler in rain boots. Anyway, Asher has thoroughly enjoyed continuing that tradition this spring. Here are the boys after a long stomp session -

Oh and this guy...this guy and his monkey are inseparable these days. I mean he literally drags his monkey all over the house and every where we go. It's pretty darn cute! I guess it's his comfort since he can't carry his paci around with him all day. I do sometimes wonder if little Asher is gonna be a vet or a zoologist or something one day. The kid is obsessed with animals and calls all animals "gee gees." His face lights up and he squeals with delight when he sees any animal. We call him Dr. Doolittle.


And this little boy has been busying himself playing cars and superheros lately when he's not outside swinging. Braden is about to turn 4 and cars are still his favorite thing!
Well, that's about it for now. We are headed to Braden's first dentist appointment tomorrow morning. Please pray for us...the boy is a bit dramatic and I can't even imagine how much drama there is gonna be in that dentist office tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Nix Fam said...

oh stace! I love the new pics! and hope the dentist went well. cannot WAIT to get our boys together (finally!) next month. love you!