First Braden, I love that you are still so affectionate. Ever since you were a baby, you would crawl up on my lap and want to sit with me. On your fourth birthday, you brought one of your presents over to me and asked to sit on my lap while you opened it. Even today, you crawled on my lap while you were finishing your sandwich. I love that you love touch and are affectionate like your father.
I also love that you have this crazy imagination and can pretend that almost anything is part of a fire costume or a firetruck or a firehouse. If I had to guess today what you will be when you grow up, I would definitely say a fireman. You love to pretend that you are a fireman and that you are putting out fires. You love to pretend to be a superhero or a doctor or a construction worker. You love to pretend to be a "good guy" and put the "bad guys" in jail. You love to pretend to rescue anything and everything.
I love that you daily pick flowers for me. Every morning when we go outside you say "momma, close your eyes, I have a surprise for you" and you hand me a flower with a big smile on your face. I love that whenever we go for walks, you ask me to stop the stroller so you can get out and pick me flowers. I have most of these pressed in a book so that I can always remember you as a sweet four year old picking flowers for your momma.
I love that you have the gift of encouragement hidden in your heart. All the time you will come up to me and say "momma you're pretty" or "momma i like that shirt" or "momma you are a good vacuumer" or "momma you are a good swing pusher" or "momma your eyes are beautiful." I never have to prompt you, but you always have encouraging words on your tongue. As Asher was growing over the past years, you would be right beside him the whole time as he was learning to crawl or walk or speak saying "come on buddy you can do it."
I love that your faith is so rich and so full at such a young age and that you know how to cry out to God for all of your needs. I often hear you praying for me or Asher or daddy. When I was in tears, you have prayed for Jesus to help me stop crying. When Asher is having a bad day, you pray for Jesus to help Asher feel better. You've prayed to God that he will stop the thunderstorms and the rain. You've prayed for mommy to "not lose her patience." I have heard you pray for your friends that they would not hit you or play too rough with you. I love that you enter into prayer on your own and that you know that Jesus is ready and willing to hear our hearts at any moment. I love that you know that you belong to Jesus.
I love that you are a thinker and your thoughts run deep. You often ask me questions like "where is heaven and what will happen to us when we die?" I love that you ask me questions like "when God was making me, did you know me?" Such sweet words Braden and to that last question, I answer that I didn't know you Braden, but I already loved you and I always wanted you.
I love that you are passionate. This quality can be hard for a little guy like you to manage sometimes, but you are so passionate about everything and anything you are doing. Sometimes we have a hard time getting you to switch tasks because you are so passionate about whatever you are doing or playing. As an adult, passion is a wonderful, powerful quality that can be used to do great things and I pray that you will use this as well as all the gifts God has given you to His glory.
I love that you are tender hearted and compassionate and sympathetic. You are so willing to give your toys away to the "poor kids" who don't have toys and you do so with such a happy heart. Whenever we go and take your toys to the homeless shelters or to Goodwill, you are such a cheerful giver and for that I am so proud! You are always so concerned about the homeless people we see on the side of the road so often and you always ask me to bring them food or give them money. When I think about this quality in you, I see Jesus. Thank you Braden for letting me see Jesus when I look at you.
I love that you are still so small, so innocent, such a child and I love that you are mine.
In honor of my sweet boy, here are some pictures of his actual birthday. We had a firetruck party a few days later, but I'll save that for another post.
Here are the boys in their pj's at Krispy Kreme for a birthday breakfast. Braden got four free donuts that morning in honor of his birthday. He thought that was pretty cool!
I love this picture because this is the moment when Braden came over to open presents on my lap -
Asher doesn't believe in using forks -
1 comment:
you always make me cry! what a sweet post for a sweet gift from Above. Happy Belated Birthday, Braden!
Post a Comment