Braden was so excited to go to practice, that I couldn't get him to stand still for a picture -
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Soccer
So Braden started soccer this year. I must admit that I was a bit hesitant at first, because he still seems so young to me (and let's be honest, there are plenty of years ahead for organized sports), but he asked to play so we signed him up. We went a few days ago and got him some cleats and shin guards and let's just say he's worn them A LOT already. He likes to run and fall in them and then get up and tell me that "it doesn't hurt when you fall with shin guards." Not sure that philosophy makes much sense, but who can resist a little guy in cute soccer gear so I let him where the gear all day long. We've been practicing a little at home too and I was surprised by how well he did with dribbling and shooting. I mean I think he might have some soccer talent :) Anyway, we headed to our first practice today and he did awesome! I was so proud of him and so pleased with how genuinely interested he was in playing...you never know with a four year old! He LOVES to dribble and shoot...just like his Momma! There were some tears when the coach made them all put their individual balls away (which they had been playing with all practice) and then just use one ball to try and actually play a game. Braden came running off the field in tears. When I asked him what was wrong he said that he wanted his own ball and that he didn't want to play with just one ball for the whole team. Oops...guess I forgot to explain to him before practice that soccer is all about having just one ball on the field. Anyway, not sure how his first game will go, I feel confident there will be some tears, but I'm just glad that he had so much fun playing! Once again I ask myself how my baby could be so old that he is playing soccer now!!!! Anyway, he is some soccer cuteness -
Braden was so excited to go to practice, that I couldn't get him to stand still for a picture -
Looking so grown up -
And he scores!!!!!
Practicing his dribble -
And while Braden played soccer, so did this guy -
Braden was so excited to go to practice, that I couldn't get him to stand still for a picture -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment