Oh my goodness...it is upon us...moving week has arrived and wow is my house ever messy! We've known about this move for a few months now and I started packing a few weeks ago (a box here and there), but somehow it is crunch time. Packing with two little ones plus a wild, wild puppy has been quite interesting. Braden desperately wants to help and has been all about the box packing. Asher on the other hand just wants to take out the stuff that I put in or he wants to stand by the boxes and color them with markers...which usually means markers on him, the box, the walls, the floors, Hank, me, you name it and he colors it. And then there is the fighting dynamic...one wants to put something in the box, then the other one wants to put something in and then they start fighting over who puts what in, all the while Hank is biting the box or tearing off the tape that I just used to tape up the box. And then there is the fun stuff like packing up something that you realize you need. So then you get to undo the boxes you've already packed and start all over again. However, in the midst of the chaos, I have A LOT to be thankful for. Thankful that we have 2 year renters moving into our current house, thankful that my parents have graciously offered to house us for the next month, thankful that we have a beautiful new house to move into on December 5
th and thankful that Austin's parents have offered to take Hank while we live with my parents for the next few weeks. And, despite all the chaos, I have had some really enjoyable moments with my little ones...we've found ways to be really creative and have fun despite all the moving chaos. Just feeling a little bittersweet about leaving our house. This is mine and Austin's first home, the first place I brought my babies home and in some ways I feel like we will look back on this house and remember these years, in this house as being some of the best in our life. My boys were so young here and we have literally spent the days playing away in this house...truly some sweet moments for me as a stay-at-home momma! Anyway, here are some pictures of our week -
Jumping on bubble wrap. Never heard so much laughing from the boys, apparently the bubble popping sound is hilarious when you are 2 and 4 years old-

Asher playing with the bubble wrap -

One day, I arranged the boxes so it made a "racetrack" according to Braden. The boys took turns racing through the racetrack. We even got out construction paper and made red and green lights. The boys loved this and it was so fun to watch them race -

Asher going under the bridge...and yes, my children wear costumes...A LOT -

So one morning I was trying to pack the kitchen and wasn't getting very far so I drew a road on the packing paper and Braden spent the next 45 minutes driving all his cars on the road. Who knew packing paper could be so fun -

And while Braden was driving cars, Asher (my art obsessed child) was busy drawing on my box -

Today, I piled all the blankets, sheets and pillows out of my closets and let the boys jump from the bed into a huge pillow pile before I loaded all the linens into a box. They loved it!!! Anyway, all in all it's been a chaotic, but very sweet week with my little boys. We've had a lot of days where we've stayed in our pj's all day long. I have to admit that it's been nice to slow down and be with the boys even if it did get really wild around here at some moments.
1 comment:
your ability to always see the silver lining amazes me. you are such an encouragement to me, dear friend. Great to catch up this week! love you and praying for a smooth transition.
Post a Comment