Monday, May 28, 2012

Graduation Day is here...

 So last week, my little Braden had his preschool graduation.  It was such a bittersweet day for this momma.  I'm so proud of him and he is growing so fast and has turned into such a sweet, kind, caring, compassionate, imaginative, funny little boy and yet, I still feel like he is my baby, even though he turns 5 in just a few weeks!!!  So this Graduation Day was indeed hard for me as I realized this is the first of hopefully many other graduation ceremonies we will attend for him over the next 18 plus years.  As he walked down the aisle in his cap and gown with this huge smile on his face, so proud of himself, my heart too was so proud of him.  I also wanted to scoop him up and make this parenting process slow down just for a bit.  I mean aren't we all grooming our babies to eventually let them fly on their own someday?  So isn't this the first step????  I'm just not sure I was ready for all of it to pass so quickly.  As I've said before, for us stay-at-home momma, the days sometimes seem to pass so slowly and the years seem to fly.  Today was one of those moments that I realized how quickly time is flying.   So thankful to have the slow summer days ahead to spend some time with these two little boys...

The Graduate - 


Brothers -

Proud Grandparents-



 And proud parents -



So thankful for Ms. Julie and Ms. Lisa who were willing to pour into Braden's life this year and grow his heart -



Braden and his best buddies, some of these little boys have been with Braden since they were 2.  They are forever fighting bad guys and wrestling together. Love the imagination and innocence of four year olds -
 My sweet boys on their last day of mother's-day-out -

1 comment:

The Nix Fam said...

tear. :-( but so precious! a good reminder to soak up every minute. miss you friend!