Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Introducing Amelia Katherine

Sweet Amelia Katherine made her very quick appearance into this world on January 31, 2013...almost two months ago now.  I know, I know, I should have posted seven weeks ago, but we are still in the newborn fog which means survival right?  Anything outside of making sure everyone is fed, slept and pottied is considered unnecessary and nearly impossible at this stage of the game.  Not to mention we've had pneumonia, double ear infections, high fevers and two stomach bugs among the boys and one terrible cold from the little lady between now and then.  Ugh, how I hate sickness.  We seriously stayed healthy most of my pregnancy and then all the sickness came like a flood after little girl's arrival :(

Anyway, back to little missy's arrival...my labor woke me at 3:58am and she was born at 7:45am, weighing 8lbs, 8 oz, and measured 19 inches long.  Her birth story is a true testimony of God's goodness in that He ordained all the details that I had been so anxious about over the past 9 months.  If you know my birth story with Asher, then you know how truly traumatized I was about laboring for another child.  Thankfully God knew my anxiety and in His graciousness granted such peace and gave me a beautiful healthy delivery of a beautiful baby girl.  To say that we are smitten by her presence would be an understatement.  Amelia is truly a gift and a blessing to us and I am so grateful for her sweet, quiet presence in our lives.  I cannot imagine our family without this precious child...

Here are some pictures of our day...

Breathing deep and feeling some rough contractions....

Holding my baby for the first time...that is a crazy, unbelievable moment for any momma to meet and hold that little one whom you've felt moving inside of you for months on end...truly a miracle from God -


First family shot with Amelia - 
 Austin holding his baby girl for the first time...love his big smile as he meets his baby -
Oh my goodness, she is sweet -
The boys meeting Amelia...I can't even imagine what they were thinking as they saw her for the first time -

 This looks just like my baby picture -
 The littlest men, exhausted after their first day as big brothers...I CANNOT remember the last time that Braden fell asleep in the car.  Taking care of a babe is exhausting work as you know...

 Here is sweet baby girl, ready to go home -
 First family of five picture -
 My three little ones...
 And we are home...and exhausted...and so very blessed...

1 comment:

awalton said...

She is just beautiful! I'm sure the boys are so in love and such big helpers! :) Maybe one day I'll get to meet those precious kiddos of yours. Hope things start to get easier soon friend!