Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lately...

Well Christmas has come and gone and once again I have done a terrible job of posting pictures.  I have hundreds of them probably, but I can't seem to find the energy to actually go through them and post them.  One day I will regret that, I know this is true, just like I know I will regret the fact that I've let my 5 year journal go and have somehow forgotten to take a single picture of the boys with my camera this entire month of January.  But the reality is that we are expecting baby girl Madison in 6 short days and to be honest I just haven't had the extra energy.  I've been soaking up every last minute of this pregnancy and every last ounce of time with my sweet boys and I have to say it's been such a sweet month.  There has been a lot of togetherness with cold weather, sickness and holidays, but it has been such a joy spending some slow, down time with sweet little ones that only keep growing daily.  We've had a lot of pajama days, we've started some new traditions like Friday morning breakfasts at Krispy Kreme, we've built a lot of legos this month and played a lot of games, but the gift of slowing down has been such a blessing. 

It's so hard to believe that we will meet our daughter any day now...the boys are so very excited!  Braden daily comes and touches my tummy, talks to the baby and asks me when I think she is coming out.  Asher loves to ride on my "bump" as he calls it and I find him patting me on the tummy and laying his head on his sister almost daily as we read books.  What an incredible gift to have life in your womb and I am feeling so very blessed.  I know this transition will be exhausting and grueling at times, but I pray and trust that His grace is sufficient for even this momma as she begins to learn how to care for, love, instruct and guide three little lives.  Here is our latest and probably last family picture as a family of four...it was taken Christmas day -

1 comment:

The Nix Fam said...

you are radiant and ready, dear friend! thinking of you every day and I can't wait to get the news. xoxo