So my little people started school about a month ago. Braden is in Kindergarten and Asher is in a four year old preschool program two days a week. School is always so bittersweet for me...I love having my kiddos home with me so it's always a bit sad for me at first to see them go off to school each year. This year was a little different too because Braden started Kindergarten and this is the first year I've had him gone from me five days a week. The hardest thing for me was realizing that this was the closing of one chapter of my life and the beginning of another chapter. No longer will we have quiet mornings of sitting around in pj's or slow lazy days with no agenda and nothing to do except to play our days away. Now the mornings are filled with the chaos of dressing little ones for school and rushing through breakfast and brushing hair (if there is time). The days seem to fly by and once again I wish I could make it all slow down...make these little ones stay little...slow down enough to cherish every moment I have with them because this really is the beginning of letting go and that is sometimes so very hard for me. Here are some pictures of their big day -
Braden's first day of Kindergarten -
Braden really was excited to go on his first day which made it a little easier to say goodbye -
Our first day of school tradition is to get ice cream after pick-up. Austin had just had shoulder surgery a few days prior so he had some days off and was able to join us for ice cream -
Asher's first day, being silly as usual -
My two littlest friends -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment