Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

Wow...I can't believe that Christmas is already over. All the hustle and bustle and it goes by so quickly. We had a great Christmas. Austin, Braden and I had our Christmas together and then headed out to KY the next day to spend some time with family. Braden was totally into opening gifts at our house, but wanted nothing to do with it at our parents house. He was too busy exploring. Every time we would ask him if he wanted to open something he would say "no, no" and then run off with a big smile on his face. However, he certainly enjoyed the loot :) Here are some pictures from all the festivities:

Opening his stocking from Austin and I -

Why open presents when you can stand on them?
Carefully tearing the paper off -
Christmas Eve and Christmas day were spent with the Madison family. We even managed to go to Christmas Eve candlelight service that evening at Austin's family's church...which was especially great considering that Braden didn't sleep an ounce on the car ride home that day and had only taken a 30 minute power nap prior to the service starting. He was in a great mood though...I'm telling you, this kid doesn't need a lot of sleep and on days like this that I have to push him, this is great news!

Opening his stocking from the Nana and Papaw Coach -
Drinking milk and tearing paper...one must always multi-task
Playing with Papaw Coach -
We spent the rest of the weekend with my family eating way more than I thought was humanly possible. Let's just say there were about 15 varieties of homemade Christmas cookies, 2 pies, a cheesecake and an Italian Creme cake for dessert for all of 9 people. Oh and a 9 lb standing rib roast that was incredible...Christmas wouldn't be complete at my house though without a feast. Mom, did you forget I have to be in Naples in 2 weeks in a bikini????

Opening gifts with Papa -
Trying out his new shoes and hat, never without a snack of course -
Snuggled up in bed with Coco (To-to as Braden calls her) to watch a little Christmas cartoons -
The newest Buckeyes fan, thanks to an awesome little polar fleece that Aunt Jackie and Uncle Andrew gave Brady -
So now the hustle and bustle of taking down the decorations has begun. I just wish it would all slow down...just a little...because my baby is growing way too fast and I'm afraid I'm gonna miss it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

He is OH so precious!!! Glad you had a good Christmas and hope that the haircut went well!! Are you leaving him when you go on vacation? Nate's trying to get me to do the same thing, and I'm scared to! :) In due time!!