Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is coming ...

I can't believe that Christmas is so close. I'm not done with my shopping (still have 7 people to go to be exact), I've only wrapped 3 things, haven't stuffed a stocking, haven't actually finished decorating the house for that matter, attempted to make truffles yesterday so that I could give them away to our community group last night, however never wrapped a single one up so I guess that means I'll be eating them all myself, I have laundry piled to the ceiling (yesterday Austin got out of the shower and was wearing a beach towel - does that tell you how far behind I am in laundry), we've been eating canned soup, chicken mcnuggets and frozen pizza for dinner this week oh and did I mention that it's 75 degrees here today so instead of doing all of the above, I spent the morning letting Braden crawl in and out of his new consingment find sandbox we recently bought him and walk through the muddy backyard in his rain boots. But, I have managed to listen to a heck of a lot of Christmas music and am still hoping that I don't miss out on any this precious time with Braden as he takes in all of the excitement of this time of year. We did take him to the Opryland Hotel last weekend to enjoy all of the lights and decorations. He LOVED it! Here are some pictures from the hustle and bustle of this time of year.

Examining the Christmas tree ornaments - notice the rainboots (yes, he is still wearing those boys) -
Sporting his Christmas pj's (Austin has a matching pair, okay just kidding) -
Look at the cute little elf toes on the bottom of these pj's -

Running around and thinking it's funny that I'm trying to take a good picture for the Christmas - card -
Loving him some train ride at the Opryland Hotel -
Free at last -
Our brutal attempts for portrait shots -
Peeking at the waterfall with daddy -
Being silly on the car ride home -

Braden was cracking up at this point, maybe his attempt to show me he didn't need his nap -

Well, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments: