Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer

School ended the week before last so now it's me and the boys home together all summer. I'm actually really glad to have Braden home with me all summer. I mean sure there are going to be days when I'm gonna miss having some down time while he was in school and Asher was napping and I'm sure there are gonna be long days when it's way too hot to be outside and it's way too boring to be inside all day, but overall I'm so happy to have Braden home with me all summer. I'm sure there will be lots of pool days, hose days, sprinkler days, popsicle days, ice cream days, park days and who knows what else. I'm looking forward to it. In fact just the other morning while Asher was napping, Braden and I sat outside in his little play house, eating popsicles and talking about pizza, hamburgers and snakes. I mean does it get any better then that! Toward the end of our conversation, Braden came over and sat in my lap and we finished our popsicles with him sitting snuggled in my lap. I love my conversations with this little guy and I love, love, love that my nearly 3 yr old still wants to sit in my lap!!!! Braden is pretty pumped about summer too...in fact, a few mornings ago when I went in to get him up out of bed, he walked to the window, opened up his curtains, looked outside and said, "It's summer. Yeah! Now we can go to the pool!" So since now it's officially summer in Braden's mind, let the pool days begin.

Here are two pictures of Braden's first day of school. -
This was such a hard day for me back in September. Braden felt like such a little baby to me and I was sad not to spend every day with him like I had for the past two years. Mother's Day out turned out to be a wonderful experience for both of us and Braden loved his class and his friends this year. On his last day, I dressed him in the exact same outfit he started school with and it's crazy how much he grew and changed in just a few short months. Here he is this past week after school -
Here he is showing me his ceramic car he painted me at school. I love these little art projects he brings home...they are so precious to me. Now I understand why my parents never got rid of any of the artwork I did as a kid.
And here is little Asher...happy as always...ready to get this summer stuff started (although it was cold on Braden's last day of school so I had to pull out a little fall jacket for Asher).
Happy Summer!!!

No comments: