Of course when the skies got really bad, they got to sit in the closet which was extra fun in their opinions, but here they are in the hallway -
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Tornado Warnings, Brotherly Love and Such
So spring is here...well almost here and I must say that I am more then ready. We've had a very mild winter, but still, I'm ready for warm temperatures where little toes can come out from under socks, where coats don't have to be shoved underneath the belts of a carseat and where we can play outside in the daylight well after the dinner hour. Unfortunately, where we live, the spring season often brings the threat of tornadoes and if you live in this house, that is quite the buzz word around here these days. It seems that ever since Braden experienced the shrilling sounds of the tornado sirens one stormy afternoon a few weeks ago at school, he has been TERRIFIED of them. There have been many a night where I've had to go comfort him in the middle of the night when he wakes up in a nightmare, tormented by the thoughts of a tornado. Or many other nights where I've prayed with him, over him and for him before bed that his little mind would be filled with peace and not with fear. Other nights, he has slept with his Bible so that he can recall God's word which he has memorized to "fear not for I am with you," or "whenever I am afraid I will trust in You Lord." But still he is afraid. These fears are real, very real and it is hard for this momma to find ways to bring him real comfort. So I continue to pray that the God of Peace will bring him comfort that only He can give and thankfully I can see God's hand at work!!! Two days ago, the whole southeast was hit with numerous tornadoes and as the day drug on and I realized that he and Asher and I would have to find our safe place in our home and wait out the storms, I began to get nervous that Braden would crumble under the fear. When the skies started to darken and I knew we had to seek shelter, I was amazed at how well Braden did. He was so calm and started grabbing all the things we would "need" to get us through the tornadoes. So away we went to our closet with goldfish, water cups, cars, racetracks, crayons, markers, coloring books, previous art projects, costumes and numerous other things. But, we waited the storms out by drawing pictures of hail and tornadoes and eating pounds and pounds of goldfish. On a side note...I can't tell you the number of times I've been thankful for goldfish over the years. Anyway, about 30 minutes later, we arose from the storm to find a whole lot of hail and broken tree limbs, but a house intact and a brave little boy who somehow feels a bit less scared about tornadoes now. We were blessed to have no damage unlike so many others who were less fortunate. So here are my two little boys braving out the storm -
Of course when the skies got really bad, they got to sit in the closet which was extra fun in their opinions, but here they are in the hallway -
Here are the boys earlier this week...Braden loves to climb in Asher's crib in the mornings. I walked in the other day and found them sitting like this and I heard Asher say "I wuv you Bray Bray." Asher has become so cuddly and affectionate lately and I love to hear him tell us that he loves us. So sweet to see these boys really loving each other...oh how my heart prays for this for them daily -
And then the love turned into wrestle mania -
And this picture just makes me laugh...Braden earned his final sticker on his sticker chart this week and as a result we all got to go see The Lorax at the movie theater this weekend. This was Asher's first movie and to our surprise he did awesome and seemed to love the whole experience...thanks to once again...a LOT of goldfish crackers!!!!!
That's all for now!!!!! Looking forward to the time change this weekend...yet another sign that spring is almost here and that we survived the winter :)
Of course when the skies got really bad, they got to sit in the closet which was extra fun in their opinions, but here they are in the hallway -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're boys are adorable. Isn't it the best when they just love on each other like that?! And... how does Braden earn stickers for his chart? I think something like this would be great for Hannah, especially this summer when she doesn't have preschool.
hey amanda...how are you friend? i was actually randomly thinking about you earlier today! how is life with three kiddos? do you recommend :) we do stickers for rest time. braden isn't napping anymore and so i have him do rest time 2-3 times per week for like 45 minutes. he doesn't love rest time, but it's good for both of us, so i give him a sticker if he's done a good job of playing quietly and not coming out of his room. at the end of each week he gets a small prize, like a movie at home or ice cream out or something like that, but he knows that if he gets a whole month's worth of stickers then he gets to go see a movie. i also sometimes give him stickers for when i catch him being really kind to asher or if he's sharing really, really well without me asking him to...that kind of stuff. he seems to like it and it makes me feel better about having him rest in his room for 45 minutes. my problem now is that he's waking at 5:40 or so in the morning so we may have to now have stickers for having him stay in his room till 7am when he can come out :) hope you are good friend!!!!!
sweet boys! thanks for the post...we miss the Madison's!!!
Perfect! I think I'll start something like that for Hannah this summer. Life with three is definitely busy and not at all quiet, but it's been good. Bryce is SUCH a good baby. I'm not sure if it's because he's a boy or the third child, but he is just easy. I think it was actually harder for me to go from 1 to 2 than it has been from 2 to 3. Hardest part is figuring out the logistics of taking all 3 somewhere by myself, ha! I would recommend it though... :) Hope ya'll are doing well!
Post a Comment