So along with most of my posts, I'm behind on my blogging. It seems to take the back seat most days, but I do hope to one day look back on this blog and hope that it stirs some memories of mine, so for that reason I continue to post even when things happened, well let's say almost two months ago. One of those sweet memories, that I want to always remember is the day we found out that this sweet baby growing in my womb was a GIRL! Sometimes it's weird for me to even write that...my brain is so wired for boys..it's all I've known for the past 5 years. My world consists of blue and dirt and mud puddles and trucks and fighter planes and superheroes and wrestling and loud, wild voices and endless hours of pretending to be good guys who lock up the bad guys. All I know is talk of guns and shooting and baseball and super powers. I could tell you anything you wanted to know about F-14 aircraft or Lego Police. Part of me just assumed we would always have boys, even though in my heart I wanted a house full of boys and at least one girl. On my 10 year anniversary (more about that in a separate post), God blessed me with this sweet news...that I get to be the mother of a baby girl. I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed I feel! Honestly, I feel blessed beyond words that God is so good that He gave me two amazing little boys who are such good friends and are so close with each other and now a sweet little girl whom my boys and I get to love and protect! When I heard the news, I literally sobbed. Tears of shock yes and tears of joy, absolutely! So thankful for this precious gift that even now kicks from inside. Oh and ps...I thought I should mention that ever since we found out that we were pregnant with "baby C" as my boys call her, Braden has been wanting a sister. Asher (my wilder child) wanted a brother...(why not, it's one more person to wrestle with), but Braden has been wanting a sister. In fact, last summer, he and I were outside swinging one day when he told me he wanted a baby sister. If you know Braden, then you know his heart and his faith and he immediately prayed to God in a sweet innocent prayer that simply went "Dear Jesus, Please put a baby girl in mommy's tummy next summer. And please name her Sally because that's a really nice name for a lady. Amen." And sure enough, God answered that prayer because this summer, God did just that and put a baby girl in my tummy! I can assure you, her name will not be Sally, but this was such a sweet prayer from a little 4 year old. Anyway, here are some pictures from our day -
Here we are on our 10 year anniversary, on our way to dinner. The boys stayed with a sitter while Austin and I went to dinner. We had had the ultrasound earlier in the day and took the boys with us so that they could see the baby and hear the heartbeat. Wish you could have seen their faces when they heard the heart of this sweet baby girl beating! Anyway, we chose to find out the sex of the baby over dinner instead of at the ultrasound -
Here is the card Austin and I opened over dessert...I honestly was speechless when I read this surprise. The tears started to fall and I couldn't even get the words to come out of my mouth to tell Austin that we were having a daughter -
The next morning we told the boys that in order to find out whether they were going to have a baby brother or a baby sister, they would have to bite into a cupcake and see what color icing was in the middle. They absolutely loved this. Here is Braden showing his cupcake...
And Asher showing you his...
A sweet little surprise for all of us! We are so excited to meet this little one...only 14 weeks left!!!!
2 comments:
Congrats, Stacey! So happy for your family! :)
I love it! What a fun and special way to share the news with each other and your boys.
Post a Comment