Friday, February 22, 2008

Sunny Phoenix and the Pima's

Check out the mountains in the background. This was my view from the pool yesterday.

So Austin and I headed to Phoenix on Wednesday morning. He had to come for a 3 day business trip and I tagged along without Brady. This is the first time in the 7 months we've had him that I've been away from him for longer than 24 hours and I sure do miss the little guy. Braden is home w/ Coco this week and from my 8 million calls at home, I've learned that they've had a great time playing, playing and playing. We thought about bringing him, but 1. he would never have made it on the 4 hour plane ride w/o fussing, 2. the time change would have made my early riser get up even earlier, 3. he's still sick w/ his first cold and 4. it's good for Austin and I to get away alone.

This resort is amazing! Outside our honeymoon, this is perhaps the nicest resort I have ever stayed at. We are on some Indian reservation, the Pima Indians to be exact. Who are the Pimas...I have no idea b/c I have yet to read all the little "for your information" signs that are posted all over the resort about Pima people. But we have seen a real live coyote wandering right in front of us and a million different cactus and a heck of a lot of sand (no rattlesnakes though or scorpions though) so I officially feel like I've been to the southwest.

Austin's been in meetings all day, so what have I done...a whole lot of nothing. I've managed to sleep in a little more than usual although Brady has officially set my internal clock to now wake me up earlier than pre-baby days. I've laid at the pool, read some great books (and a few shallow magazines), had a few appletini's and a lot of Starbuck's coffee. Oh and I must say, Austin and I have had some ridiculous Southwestern style food down here at some amazing restaurants. Let's just say they make some killer guacamole out west and I don't even like avocados. It's just been nice to go to dinner together or have a drink together and date again. With that said, only a few hours till we head to the airport and fly back to see our sweet son. He'll be sound asleep for the night before we get home, but I cannot wait to hear him talking in the morning.

No comments: