Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Braden's Baby Dedication

We had a crazy weekend filled with lots of family and friends in town for Braden's baby dedication at our church. We had him dedicated Sunday morning and then followed that by having everyone over to our house for a brunch afterward. Of course, me being the not-so organized-overly stressed-from trying to cook and clean way too much-with a very clingy, needy 9 month old mom that I am forgot to bring my video camera to video his dedication. Oops...sorry baby...maybe one day we'll remember to video some of the milestones in your life. We had a great weekend with those we love so dearly and I take great honor in dedicating Braden's life to my Almighty God. I pray that I can live up to all that I committed to during the dedication...to diligently study His Word so that I can teach Braden about Christ, to model Christ in my own life so that he will watch me and see Christ, to remember my marriage covenant and be faithful to it daily. My son's life is delicate. I realize this more and more everyday (especially on days like today when he falls and splits his lip open). And he is a sponge...soaking up everything and anything in his environment...the good, the bad, the ugly. Lord I pray that you will make me like You, so that Braden can see me and know You.

Here are some pictures of the weekend:

Being dedicated -

Here is Braden smoothing out Miss Shellye's hair during the dedication and laughing if you notice


Wallowing in his church clothes after the dedication - The Madison family (minus Uncle Tyler) - Playing w/ Graham during the brunch -

We also managed to catch a few innings of the UK/Vandy Baseball game and I got to spend a few hours w/ one of my best friends Kelley, her sister Kacey and their one year old babies. Kelley lives in FL and was here watching her brother play for UK -

Braden enjoying himself at the tailgating party before the game -

Reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear on the way home from the game -

No comments: