Friday, March 14, 2008
I made cookies again
I remember in the early weeks after Braden was born when I was completely and utterly overwhelmed w/ caring for a new baby and at the height of exhaustion that my mom said to me "One day you'll feel like making cookies again." And I remember in that moment thinking..."Yah right, I'm never going to have time to shower again or put on makeup or comb my hair and brush my teeth, let alone make something recreational like cookies." And finally 8 months later, I got out all the stuff and during Braden's afternoon nap, I whipped up a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. As we approach the 8 month mark next week of living with a baby, I feel like we are starting to return to normal...well the new normal at least which revolves around early wake-up calls, evenings at home from 7pm on, scheduling my day around naps, bottle cleaning sessions every night, normal discussions with my husband of dirty diapers, teething biscuits and what kind of baby food I made today and all the things in between that happen when you live and care for a baby. Boy has life changed, but has it changed for the better. Austin and I have said a million times that we don't remember what we did before we had Brady and although every day presents some kind of challenge, I like the new normal and I'm glad that I feel like I can tackle life again and take time for myself like baking cookies (something I did so often before I had a baby). Well, here's to the littlest Madison: 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment