This morning I decided that since we were expecting a big snow today and I had nothing that really needed to get done that I would crawl back in bed and take a nap with Braden. I rarely do this since I so look forward to nap time so that I can have a few minutes to myself to get some things done...but I couldn't resist today. He snuggled so tight and fell quickly asleep and I must say that as I felt his little breath on my eyelashes that I found myself thanking God for the miracle and blessing that he is to me. He's going through some serious separation anxiety these days and cries through his time in nursery at both church and the YMCA today and as frustrating as that is sometimes since he's wanting my 100% attention at all times, I can honestly say that I love the fact that when I walk in the door, he reaches for me and instantly stops crying. As inexperienced as I feel as a mother so many times, I find great joy in knowing how to comfort my baby and dry his tears. So until we pass through this stage, I will continue to hold my boy close and try to not take for granted all the times he wants to just sit on my lap or grab my face or just be close. This too will pass way too quickly...
So, I took this picture yesterday afternoon...it was noon and Braden had been asleep for well over 2 hours and I had to go wake him up so I could get him to take an afternoon nap, but when I walked in the room, he was knocked out w/ his feet propped up on the bumper pad. I took a few pictures w/ the flash on and it still never woke him up. I guess the boy was really tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment